Paleo Portobello Mushroom Burger
By Stef Ramey
Springtime is here! …..(kind of). Spring weather gets me all sorts of excited. The freedom of open windows, bare feet, and breathing in the warming air is such a refreshing feeling after being wrapped up all Winter long. For me it also means G R I L L I N G season!! I LOVE grilled food! From crispy burnt bell peppers and onions to mounds of steak tips (guilty pleasure), I can’t get enough. While I am a sucker for burgers of all kinds, for this recipe I was feeling a little creative and wanted to keep it Paleo friendly. If you have not tried portobello mushroom caps as burger buns… well, you are in for a TREAT!
I give you the Paleo Portobello Mushroom Pineapple Jalapeño Burger… It is a mouthful to say & eat!
PALEO PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Paleo
Serving Size: 1
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 Portobello Mushroom caps (washed)
- 1 Burger patty. We had some left over that we needed to use up so ours were not homemade, but I would definitely encourage a homemade patty with local grass-fed beef if possible!
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple
- 4 slices of jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 slice of tomato
- Preheat grill to Medium-High heat.
- Grill burger to desired “doneness” I prefer medium-rare!
- Grill mushroom caps (buns) for 5-8 minutes on each side
- Grill pineapple on each side for 4-5 minutes
- Assemble & Enjoy!
These burgers are so easy to make and full of flavor. Between the burger, buns, and pineapple this burger is super juicy so make sure you have napkins near by! Get creative with your toppings this grilling season and let us know what you come up with!
Stef is a NH native, business graduate, and House Leader at Laney & Lu Cafe. She has a contagious smile and keeps us drooling with her foodspirations. For more of her creative energy, follow her at wonder-fully-well.com.