Choose 1 Way to Celebrate Our Earth
By Emmy Katz
Tomorrow is Earth Day. A day we have on our calendars, plant trees in primary school, but do we actually take time to celebrate it? In honor of this special day we are giving you 10 options. Go ahead, be an over achiever - we LOVE it. Do all 10! But we are asking you, do ONE to celebrate this amazing, beautiful planet we live on.
- Line dry your clothes. Harness that sun and natural breeze while avoiding the huge amounts of energy that drying your clothes in a machine can generate.
- Take your reusable bags to the store. We have all forgotten to bring them along. A trick, keep them in your car with you if you like to shop after work!
- Decrease your shower time. Do we REALLY need to spend those extra minutes in the shower? Nah, suds up, rinse off and conserve water.
- BYOC. Bring your own cup to the coffee shop. Seriously, it's the cool thing to do. Sip slowly and enjoy!
- Pick up TRASH. Stroll down your street, make it a game with your family to see how much trash you can find.
- Don't buy a thing. Choose not to purchase something unnecessary tomorrow. Do we honestly need more STUFF? Check out the previous post on excess here.
- Work on your green thumb. Plant something, preferably edible that way you can also use them as a tasty food source.
- Choose to stay home. Go outside. Read a book, or work on #7 above. Don't drive anywhere and decrease your carbon footprint!
- Turn off the Tube. Chances are you don't need the content that is playing on the television, and why waste the energy (and brain space). Turn it off and enjoy the people around you.
- GET OUTSIDE. Breathe in the air, smile and PLAY.
Emmy is a Physician Assistant, Holistic Health Coach, and co-founder of Wild Adventurous Life. By day she works as Physician Assistant in a Integrative and Functional Medicine Practice, and by all the times in between she is scheming up adventures for WAL.
SHARE WITH A FRIEND